CARM workshops 2015
The workshops will be led by Professor Elizabeth Stokoe and Dr Rein Sikveland. Elizabeth developed CARM and has awards for her work with mediators and has consulted for the Ministry of Justice and redesigned their mediation promotion materials. Rein is a Research Associate with expertise in call centre research, including intake calls in sales services and mediation.
CARM workshops are, crucially, research-based, drawing on Liz and Rein’s expertise about how interaction works across numerous workplace settings including mediation. They have analysed hundreds of intake calls between family (and community) mediation services and potential new clients. They have identified problematic moments in these calls and how to avoid them. They have also analyzed hundreds of mediation flyers, websites and leaflets.
- How to work around hurdles, such as clients’ willingness to mediate, in initial conversations with potential clients.
- How to introduce and explain costs and legal aid to clients, and how to best deal with clients’ financial concerns.
- How to introduce and deal with sensitive issues, such as domestic violence and work status.
- How to present mediation as the best alternative for clients.
- How to improve the design of your company website and leaflet.
What is CARM?
CARM - the ‘Conversation Analytic Role-play Method’ - is an approach to training based on research evidence about what works and does not work in professional and workplace interactions with service users. In contrast to traditional role-playing encounters - which differ from the actual encounters they seek to mimic and provide practice for - CARM uses audio and video recordings of real-time, actual interaction as the basis of its training technique. The CARM approach provides participants with a rare opportunity to scrutinize and identify effective and less effective practice and take away clear messages about how to communicate with clients.
- 10.00am - 5.00pm
- CPD points:
- 6 CPD
- £240 (inc. VAT) Resolution members, £264 (inc. VAT) non-members
- How to book:
Please download and complete the booking form and return with a cheque to Resolution Central Office PO BOX 302, Orpington, Kent, BR6 8QX or DX 154460 Petts Wood 3
Any queries please contact Central Office on 01689 820272 or email@example.com
- CARM 2015 (.pdf - 175kb)
There are no upcoming occurrences of this course