How to be Assertive not Aggressive
Is this workshop for you?
- Do you find that sometimes people (clients, other lawyers) ‘get to you’ and have a way of triggering an unguarded response from you?
- Do you ever delay speaking to someone or get ready to concede more than you should just because you ‘know what they’re like’?
- Do you ever choose to write to someone, rather than telephone them, even though in that situation you know it is a worse option?
- Would you like to feel in even more control of difficult discussions?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, this workshop will assist.
- How genuinely assertive communication makes you more professionally credible, reduces stress and improves job satisfaction.
- The subtle differences between aggressive, submissive, passive-aggressive and assertive communication.
- Evolution, communication and the trigger-response process.
- Understanding communication ‘packaging’ (eyes, voice, words, posture and gestures) – yours and other people’s.
- Picking up incoming triggers before they affect you and outgoing triggers before you send them.
- Letters, e-mails, telephone conversations and meetings.
This workshop is designed and run by Terry Gillen, an experienced and sought-after trainer and author. His workshops are practical, thought-provoking, relaxed and fun. You will leave having learned new ways of looking at communication and with an invaluable workbook you can refer to long after the workshop.
- 2 hours
- CPD points:
- Members £84 (£70+VAT); Non-member £102 (£85+VAT)
- How to book:
Please download, complete and return the booking form with a cheque to Resolution Central Office, PO Box 302, Orpington, Kent BR6 8QX or DX 154460 Petts Wood 3.
Any queries please contact Central Office at email@example.com or Tel: 01689 820 272.
Refund policy: (A) 100% if event cancelled by Resolution (B) none in any other circumstances.
- How to be assertive booking form (.pdf - 2279kb)
There are no upcoming occurrences of this course