Untangling the knot
A ‘bad' divorce is said to never end. But just how possible is it to resolve difficult and enmeshed cases around the table and avoid exacerbating conflict for families via the courts?
During this one-day course, participants will advance their practice on dealing with impasse and will focus on developing core negotiation skills in the face of the continuing and often acute challenges of high conflict cases. The course looks at how the reasons a relationship may end might impact on the dialogue between the clients, and their future parental relationship, and how practitioners can enhance their language and approach as constructive negotiators.
Attend this workshop and learn how to:
- Find practical, workable approaches to manage impass
- Address the long-term impact and stress of family crisis on both the client and practitioner
- Maximise your own resilience and explore how clients can build their own resourcefulness
- Consider how best to manage the pressures of intergenerational conflicts when clients are caught in the middle of competing needs of children and elderly dependants
- Address the challenges of adjustment when a partner has had an affair
- Ensure that conflicts over money do not become a battleground
- DR practitioners are constantly managing enmeshed cases. This day will provide a supportive environment in which to consider how best to separate ourselves as practitioners from clients' problems whilst retaining the skills to be effective, empathic and proactive in our work.
Who is this workshop suitable for?
- All mediators and collaborative practitioners whether newly trained or experienced.
This is an updated version of the popular course, So they think it's all over.
- CPD points:
- 6 CPD hours
- £240 (inc. VAT) Resolution members, £264 (inc. VAT) non-members
- How to book:
Please download and complete the booking form and return with a cheque to Resolution Central Office PO BOX 302, Orpington, Kent, BR6 8QX or DX 154460 Petts Wood 3
Any queries please contact Central Office on 01689 820272 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Untangling the knot 2017 (.pdf - 195kb)
09:30 — 17:00
Presenter: Helen Garlick and Suzy Power
Click on the dates above for more information about the course occurrence.